These notes have been written by the blog editor from the draft minutes and so may contain information that could be amended at a later date.
The Parish Council Precept meeting was held on Wednesday 18 November. There were two members of the public present and two parish councillors (Terry Cracknell and Rona Boggia) had sent their apologies for not being able to attend.
Declaration of interest in items on the agenda. Carol Marshall declared an interest in the Almhouses, the Over 60s annual party and the Monday Mardle Group while Adrian Joel also declared an interest in the Monday Mardle Group.
Public recess. The matter of how grants were given last year was raised. Also charities outside Old Buckenham were applying for grants and it was suggested that some guidance for future grant applications be introduced. One resident raised the matter of due diligence on grant applications and also raised points on the proposed budget for the next financial year. Both the parish clerk and the chairman responded on some of the points raised.
Budget proposals for financial year 2016/17. The Parish Clerk, in his role as Responsible Finance Officer, put forward a suggested budget which showed a small decrease in expenditure over the current financial year’s budget and asked for the councillors’ views. Councillors then went through each individual overhead and after detailed discussion proposed the following amendments.
- Community Car Scheme be reduced by £50 to £1,300 for the year.
- Maintenance of Recreation Area be reduced by £50 to £600
- Contingency Fund be reduced by £500 to £2,000.
- Play Area and Recreation Area repairs be increased by £250 to £1,000.
Grant applications. The parish councillors discussed all grant applications and many varied views were expressed. The following applications for grants were considered.
- Almshouse Trustees: it was proposed, seconded and agreed with 7 for and 1 abstention to give a grant of £1,415 for new locks.
- Old Buckenham team for Norfolk Village Games: it was proposed, seconded and agreed unanimously to give a grant of £150 for team T shirts for next year’s village games.
- Over 60s Annual Party: it was proposed, seconded and agreed with 7 for and 1 abstention to give a grant of £500 towards the annual party.
- Buckenham Pre-school and Nursery: it was proposed, seconded and agreed with 7 for and 1 abstention to give a grant of £220 to buy two gazebos for the children.
- Monday Mardle Group: it was proposed, seconded and agreed with 6 for and 2 abstentions to award a grant of £100 for future activities.
- New Buckenham Football Club: it was proposed, seconded and agreed by 6 for, 1 abstention and 1 against to give a grant of £257 for football related equipment.
- East Anglian Air Ambulance: it was proposed, seconded and agreed by 7 for and 1 abstention to give a grant of £100.
- East Anglia Children’s Hospice: it was proposed, seconded and agreed by 3 for and 5 abstentions to give a grant of £100.
- The total of the grants awarded was £2,842.